top of page
  • Writer's picturePenzance AFC

Penzance Reserves 3, Perranwell Reserves 4

Penzance’s five game unbeaten run, which dated back to the start of October, was ended by a battling Perranwell side who thus avenged a home loss to the Magpies just three weeks earlier.

The visitors got off to a flying start, Callum Edgcombe tapping in a nodded down deep free-kick after just six minutes. Perranwell’s lone striker then grabbed his second just after the quarter hour mark leaving the home side with a mountain to climb.

But climb that mountain they did. Kylo Mayes started the come-back in the 18th minute, finishing from a ludicrously narrow angle after a very tidy build-up. Kizzy Snowden, on his first start after recovering from surgery, then restored parity, nodding home from very close range after the Perranwell defence had failed to deal with a bouncing long ball.

Penzance at this stage were in total control and deservedly took the lead on the hour mark. Matt Robinson, a first half replacement for the injured Lewis Hitchens, dinked a lovely ball into the box and Joel Steel glanced home an angled a header.

However, after going ahead and making a double substitution, Penzance lost their way and the visitors went on to dominate the final half hour. After being pushed over by Josh Whitburn, Edgcombe got to his feet and planted a penalty low to Adrian Murley’s left to complete his hat-trick. Then, after Sam Payne had conceded a free-kick wide on the left, Alex

Bray despatched a far post header to condemn the Magpies to defeat in a game they had bossed for large spells.

Penzance: Adrian Murley, Lewis Hitchens (Matt Robinson 39), Silas Sullivan, Jake Heale, Josh Whitburn (captain), Sam Payne, Dylan Walter (Harvey Richings 67) , Josh Reeves (Ben Reeve 46), Kylo Mayes, Kizzy Snowden, Joel Steel (Connor Thomas 67)

Perranwell: Jack Andrew, David Angel, Kieran Brand, Alex Bray, Sam Denchfield, Callum Edgcombe, Simon James, Jordan Reeks, Harry Sanderson, Elliot Swift, Milan Drew Birch. Subs: Daniel Kim, George Purchas, Scott Yendle

Referee: Eric Sleeman


bottom of page