top of page


Today we welcomed a youthful St.Day thirds to Penlee Park in our 4th league fixture of the season. With the sun shining down and Penlee in pristine condition , It was a chance for our lads to grab another 3 points (writes Reserves joint Manager, Daz Smith).

Thankfully our lads were up for it and flew out of the blocks. Scoring quite possibly the fastest ever goal at Penlee, and if someone knows of a quicker goal then please say, was Kizzy. With just 52 seconds on the clock, Kizzy had us one nil up thanks to a diagonal switch from Tjay that Harvey ran onto and crossed. The start we were dreaming of!


However just 3 minutes later, St.Day levelled direct from a corner after stand in keeper Ben Jefferies couldn't quite get a strong enough hand to.


With 14 minutes on the clock , a delightfully weighted clipped through ball from Lewis saw Kizzy again race through. This time beating the on rushing St.Day keeper to the ball , before dinking the ball into an open net.


This appeared to lift our lads as we began to play some lovely football, and after some neat work down the left , Freddie was able to whip a cross into the box. Unfortunately for St.Day it was an own goal as the St.Day centre backs attempted clearance was smashed into his own net leaving his keeper absolutely no chance, whilst putting us 3-1 up in the process.


10 minutes later , Freddie was again causing problems down the left and after again some top build up play , a perfectly weighted cross was met on the volley by Andy who made no mistake adding to our tally.


With 5 minutes of the first half remaining Kizzy completed his hat trick as he grabbed our 5th before Kizzy then turned provider as he slid Tyler through for a one on one with the St.Day keeper. Tyler calmly rounded the keeper and tapped in the 6th goal of the game ensuring bar a miracle, 3 more points for our Reserves.



With the game effectively done and dusted, squad rotation was our main priority at halftime as we looked to gain some more of our under 18s important minutes in the bank. So 5 changes at halftime was the order, Sam and Chaz replaced Tyler and Tjay in central midfield, Charlie replaced Harvey on the wing, Dylan replaced Freddie on the opposite flank, whilst Fin replaced Kizzy up top.

With five changes made, it was always going to effect the game, as it went a little flat for half an hour. And with approximately 15 minutes left to play, Lewis was subbed for Harvey to return to the field of play, Freddie returned for Andy, whilst Tjay filled in at centre back for Steve.

Charlie dropped in at left back and Freddie went up top as the number 9.

With St.Day legs tiring, young player of the year last season, Harvey caused absolute mayhem down the left with his blistering pace, and grabbed two more assists. The first from an inswinging corner that was perfectly met and headed home by skipper Payno, and the second was a sprint down the wing before squaring for Dylan to grab the final goal of the game sealing a comfortable win and ensuring 3 more points on the board for the Reserves.



Had the St.Day keeper not made so many top saves , especially in the second half , it really could have been a rugby scoreline today.

A top display defensively and some top drawer football, along with some clinical finishing capped an emphatic win for the Reserves. Steve was top class at the back today however today's man of the match is an obvious choice in the shape of hat trick hero Kizzy.

Kizzy was electric today and led from the front setting the standard after just 52 seconds, whilst proving what a nightmare he is to play against.

However well done all as always!

Ft Result: Penzance Reserves 8-1 St.Day

Goal scorers: Kizzy 3 Andy Tyler Payno Dylan Own goal

Man of the match: Kizzy


bottom of page